Signature

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Agility and two more big ones

I did as I said I was going to do in my last post (for once), and spent a few hours at Brimhaven Agility Arena, where I managed to break my current record for most tickets in a single trip (150 tickets!). While I did extremely well my first trip, I got seriously beat down on my second trip. Luckily, I didn't need very many after my first trip. While I met the qualifications for two quests, I still need more training to do them.

After my agility training, I went over to the Edgeville dungeon to train range on hill giants. I choose hill giants because they're relatively easy to hit, and I can get xp fast. I started out with my magic composite bow and mithril arrows, but as the hours began to drag on, I decided to experiment with something else. I made about 1k steel throwing knives a while back, so I went and grabbed them to see how they worked.

I was astounded to realize that I hit dramatically faster with the knives than I did with a bow...and I only lost 1 point of my maximum damage! This allowed me to get the rest of the xp I needed in a remarkably short amount of time.

This opened the way for me to do Mourning's End Part 1. The only really good part about this quest is the fact that you end up with a sweet looking bazooka. It didn't take a whole lot of time to finish this quest, despite the bit of running around you have to do.

Finishing this quest opened up the way to Mourning's End Part 2, which I set about doing immedately upon finishing the previous quest. Unfortunately, this is one of the quests that I absolutely hate, because there is a lot of work involved in finishing it. The rewards aren't really that great at my level either. The only good thing about finishing this quest is knowing that you don't have to do it again. Get it over with and done is my philosophy...and it takes me two days.

Total quest points: 260.

Currently, my plan is now to get started on Woodcutting. I need some big levels, so this should take me a bit of time. I intend to head to Seer's Village to cut maple logs, although I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do with the logs. I'll probably "fletch and drop."

No comments:

Post a Comment