Signature

Sunday, June 28, 2009

New Goals Added!

After getting 92 Cooking (which gave me 2 skills beyond the half way mark), I was somewhat coersed by my friends into the persuit of a skill cape. Then independently thought "Untrimmed skill capes suck. Let's make it 2." Firemaking was the obvious choice for two very important reasons: 1) It's 1 of the 2 closest skills to 99, and 2) I already have everything I need to get it...I just have to do it.

A friend of mine has been trading raw monkfish for cooked with me for a little bit (it will be over 6k when all is said and done). I'm also still getting tuna and swordfish from Miscelania, which is good for about 1k-2k fish every week.

I just recently got 95 Cooking, so I can now make Summer Pies. Most of the ingredients I can get from either farming, the RFD chest in Lumbridge basement or my house, so I plan to assemble the pies as I get the materials and cook them using the Lunar Spellbook when I make my glass for orbs (you don't burn them using the "make pie" spell). This will help out my Farming level goal as well.

I was also told by a friend of mine that it was possible to buy raw manta rays, cook them, and sell them for a profit...and at 96 cooking you don't burn any with the cooking gauntlets. Prices on food has changed remarkably recently, so I don't know if that still stands, but it's worth looking into.

Speaking of changing food prices: cooked sharks are currently going for 1,262 gp (at the time of the writing). Now that I don't burn sharks, I'm even considering fishing some to sell.


Firemaking, my plan is to burn 1k to 2k logs every day, plus do my 2 Evil Trees per day. Should take a month or less.

-----

Other than that, nothing really new. I've done some Slayer, but haven't really got much in the way of good charm droppers. There were also a few new quests, but nothing really hard-core. More fun than difficult, which I don't mind at all.

I do have a desire to hit God Wars for a bit when all is said and done, in a desire to upgrade my uniform a bit, and to buy a few new toys. These wants include (but are not exclusive to): Dragon Plate Body and full helm, Bandos armor (of some kind, preferably body), and a Dragonfire Shield. It's a big shopping list, but there's big money to be made at GWD. And besides...it's not like I couldn't use the Range experience. Even to get one or two of the above items would be a good break from power-training.

No comments:

Post a Comment