Signature

Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Inferno Adze

Finally.

The quest for the Adze was definately a trying experience, let me tell you. While the single Agility level I needed wasn't much of a problem, the 11 Firemaking levels I needed were. It required me to reduce 23k maple logs to ashes, and at about 1.5k-2k per day (a couple of days I managed 3k), this took a couple of weeks. I literally did nothing (other than my dailys) but burn logs. And this was just getting the skills to get it.

To actually acquire the Inferno Adze, one needs to light all 14 of the All Fired Up beacons, and have them all burning simultaneously. These beacons are stretched from Paterdomus (the temple passageway to Canifis) to Ice Plateau in the Wilderness. While the Wilderness isn't as hazardous as it used to be, it still has it's dangers when you aren't combat prepared. A Revenant Ork managed to have it's way with me between the beacon at God Wars Dungeon and Ice Plateau when I was loading the beacons.

And now to the cost. Better logs burn longer, so to get the Adze you want the best logs you can get your hands on: Magic logs. Each beacon takes 20 logs to load it, and the assistant at the beacon holds 5 for you. This is 25 logs per beacon, except the last 3, which don't have assistants. This is a grand total of 335 Magic logs, and at 1.3k gp each: 435.5k gp. And I lost about 20 and had to buy more which put me up to about 461k gp. I could have tried to cut them myself, but the trees are usually over populated and this would have taken considerable time (I had already spent enough time getting 92 Firemaking in the first place).

The trip itself went smoothly. I'm documenting how I did it here, so if someone asks me how I did it, I can refer them here.





Getting Ready: Obviously, the first thing I did was load all the logs. This gave me the opportunity to make any necessary repairs and talk to the assistants. Talking to the assistants is an important step, because several of them require something before they'll help you. Check out the Minigame guide on Tip It to see what you'll need.

The Process: I wore nothing but the Ring and Gloves of Fire (previous rewards from this minigame) Amulet of Glory and a Combat Bracelet. I took a tinderbox, a Teleport to House tablet, a Spirit Terrorbird familiar and 25 Magic logs from the bank. The first thing I did was go to Oo'glog and bathe in the salt-water spring to quicken my run. This gives me unlimited run for a decent amount of time (one less thing to be concerned with). Once I got out, I hit my tab and used the portal in my house and used my Kharill portal. From the Canifis bar, I went through the temple to the first beacon. From here I lit beacons 1-5, running the entire trip. After lighting the 5th, I teleported to Edgeville.

At Edgeville, I summoned my familiar and reloaded my inventory. I then took the following: Tinderbox (obviously), 4 law runes, 4 fire runes, Goblin Village teleport orb (from Dorgesh-Kaan), Games Necklace, Super-Restore Potion and the rest of the logs (12 of which I gave to my familiar). I ran up and lit the 6th, and used my combat bracelet to teleport to the Monestary. From here I ran to the 7th and lit it. I used the Goblin Village orb and lit the 8th. I took the logs from my familiar and then teleported to Burthorpe via the Games necklace and lit the 9th. From here I didn't go directly to the 10th, but instead teleported to Trollheim and lit the 11th beacon, climbed down the ladder and backtracked to the 10th (I would have had to walk south from Burthorpe, head east and then back north to get to #10 in order). From the 10th beacon, I teleported to Trollheim again, this time going north past God Wars Dungeon to get to the 12th (your levels decline steadily in the harsh cold, thus the super-restore potion). I climbed down the agility shortcut into the Wilderness, and headed to the 13th beacon, just north of the temple. Then on to Ice Plateau for #14.

I finally return to King Roland for my very own Infernal Adze!

The actual lighting of the beacons took maybe 15 minutes. Setting up to light the beacons took several hours. But it was worth all the hard work.





In Other News:

The Evil Chicken (as well as all the combat randoms) are gone. We will miss you.

I have also broken combat level 100, and have completed the Karamja and Seer's Village achievement diary. This leaves one more to finish: Falador.

Finally, I also acquired enough Slayer points to learn to make slayer helms!

No comments:

Post a Comment