Signature

Saturday, April 11, 2009

A New Set of Goals

I was kind of at a loss after getting the Adze (much like I was after getting my Quest Cape to begin with and after completing While Guthix Sleeps). When you train for a really long time on one thing, it's difficult to figure out what to do next. But during the course of Firemaking and getting the Adze, I had learned some things.

First thing I learned was that burning maple logs takes a great deal of time. I've always been a "work smarter instead of harder" type of guy, and things that take a long time annoy me...especially when I could be doing something else to make it faster (I.E. burning mage logs).

I also learned that the Spirit Hydra's scrolls regrow your trees in farming plots. The Summoning level required for these familiar is 80. To plant a Magic tree, you need 75 Farming.

I'm sure you see where this is going...

This got me to thinking: having easy access to free magic logs could help me out in countless ways. While the Firemaking aspect is obvious (I still want a skill cape), I also have an 80 Fletching and can fletch Magic Short Bows (and work towards another cape)...which I can Alch for money and Magic experience (enter cape #3 in the long term). This is not to mention that Magic logs themselves are worth somewhere in the neighborhood of 1.3k each. And the whole process of this would give me a whole lot of Woodcutting experience (yet another cape!)

It's a great plan, with a sole hitch: my Summoning skill is currently 66.

I've shown my humble readers (if any) that I'm not opposed to power-training a skill when I want something. Power-training the Summoning skill is limited, however, by how fast you can get your hands on charms, specifically crimson and blue charms. This is not to even mention the fact that most of the charms I can make will cost insane amounts of money to infuse en-masse.

Charms are easily found in most monster drops. However, the drop rate and type is highly unpredictable and the process is slow. I have also heard that you can get charms as rewards from the Castle Wars-esque minigame: Soul Wars. But it's relatively new and I know little about it.

I've had a plan to increase my ability to make money (a more dangerous way than I'm currently working on): God Wars Dungeon. People brag about making ludicrious amounts of money here, and that's exactly what I need. From what I understand, I have the basic skills I need to go, and I have purchased the necessary gear. This is where the wheels fell off the wagon: the two people who were supposed to show me the ropes to get me started haven't been around. Time to start looking for a "Plan B." I'll probably handle it in typical Wrthlss Noob style by researching it myself and having a go at it alone. This will require careful planning, and before I go, I'll want to be able to make my own Range Potions (72 Herblore).

That's just for Summoning, however. I still need a 75 Farming to pull this off as well. This is easy, and I'm already prepared to start. I have a huge number of bird's nests (containing tree seeds) stockpiled from my kingdom at Miscelania. All I really need to do is get back to planting trees.

With these new goals in hand, I set out...

No comments:

Post a Comment