Signature

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Magic and Slayer

Since I was so close to doing Swan Song, I decided to go ahead and train Magic up another level. While I struggled to figure out how I wanted to go about it, I remembered something that I totally forgot: Mage Training Arena.

I've been wanting to go here anyways. Bones to Peaches (which is a reward there) is a very handy spell, especially when you're doing Slayer assignments. For anyone who isn't already aware: Mage Training Arena is cheap and easy Magic xp...and lots of it. It's so easy, that I managed to get my level in about an hour.

I'm starting to like the Dragon Battleaxe less and less as I go along. Unless you have a good attack (well, better than 61 at least), it's hard to hit with it. It even forced me to run from the sea troll queen because her ability to hit me far outweighed my ability to hit her. Once I returned with the scimitar, she didn't last long.

Just a tip for anyone reading: don't do very difficult quests without a Dragon Scimitar...or a Dragon Longsword at the very least.

Now I can't totally blame my initial failure on my weapon of choice. I admittedly came to the fight unprepared (I didn't have a lot of food, low prayer, and no prayer potions specifically). Once I recharged my prayer, upgraded my food a bit, and donned my beloved Proselyte, I probably wouldn't have had much trouble using a battleaxe. But with the scimitar, the fight ended extremely quickly (in fact, I didn't even need the prayer potion I brought).

With that quest done, I return to combat training in an effort to get a few Slayer levels. I managed 4 Defence, 2 Ranged, 2 Hit Point and 2 Slayer levels. I'd also like to add that any doubts I had about Jellies being a good assignment were totally squashed after making more than 150k off drops, alched and sold loot, and the subsequent Level 3 Clue Scroll I got from them.

On a more concerning note (at least to me, anyways) is the fact that my combat level is still skyrocketing. It's 79 now, and I still need 6 Defence levels, 3 Prayer levels and 14 Ranged levels. I need to see if there's a way to level my Ranged without racking up a dozen Hit Point levels. I so do not want to go to Pest Control.

I think I'm gonna buy a cannon. At least it'll be fast.

And I now have 246 Quest Points.

No comments:

Post a Comment