Signature

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Several (not so) small victories

I decided to buy the salmon (3,651 to be exact) I needed for 70 Cooking, and spent a couple of hours cooking them at the Rogue's Den in Burthorpe. This is a nice place to power-train Cooking, since the banker is nice enough to hang out by a campfire. I'm planning on saving the cooked salmon to make admiral pies, which I'll cook using the "Make Pie" Lunar spell (this will ensure that I never burn any pies, giving me 100% of the possible xp). But that's for a future date, as all the Cooking I need right now is level 70.

Saving the monkey ambassador (Recipe for Disaster) is annoying, since you'll almost always have to gather the stuff to make the dish 3 times (the first time one of the idiot monkeys eats the ingredients, the second time because you burn the stupid thing). Also, getting a gorrilla greegree is problematic at mid range combat levels, because they heal themselves and you can never do enough damage to finish them off. If you run into this, head to a busy world. Then beat the daylights out of one and ask the guy who's hitting in the high 30's or higher (and there will be one around real close) to give him a whack for you. You'll get the drop.

The Culinomancer was a little more tricky, but not by much really. I already knew what to expect, and I just left and resupplied/re-equipped after I killed one of his beasties. The hardest part is not being able to use Prayer, but with good food, even this isn't a big deal. Yes, I have finally closed the book on this truly epic quest!

I also made another attempt at Contact! after I finished RFD, which finally proved to be successful! I didn't do much differently (I maged again), other than move around to a corner to where the first of the scarab's buddies couldn't get to me. When the other two spawned behind me, I ran to the other side of the scarab, which pinned the meleer in my former hiding spot, behind the scarab. I also took care to stay just far enough away from the scarab so it wouldn't melee me (and in case anyone's wondering, it RANGES, it doesn't mage. A fatal mistake to make, let me tell you). This left me to deal only with the signifigant damage dealt by the mage-bug. I did it with 6 sharks to spare, and I didn't even have to use a Prayer Potion!

Quest Point total is now 252.

No comments:

Post a Comment