Signature

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Grandmaster Quest

Up to now: I managed to get my Firemaking skill to 80, which gave me both access to fire gauntlets and Magic pyre logs. I cut somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 magic logs to use in Shades of Mort'ton. As maybe you remember, I already have about 800 sacred oil (4) that I intended for use with magic logs. While I made, on average, about 400k per 100 logs, I managed to lose a good amount of money in the process. The shades I need for Magic pyre logs are level 100, and I wasn't watching my HP. The loss was a bit over 500k, and I still haven't replaced my dragon boots.

After about 300 logs, my attention turned to combat. And as with most any other time where my attention was on combat, I decide to train combat through Slayer. At first, my goal was simply to gain access to the warrior's guild (which required 3 Attack or Strength levels). But after I managed to get both 65 in Attack and Strength, I decided it was time to raise my combat level. My current combat level goal is 90, with a goal set for my Attack skill of 70.

I goof around at the Warrior's guild for a bit (about 1k tokens and still no defender of any type) before I return to Slayer. I'm using Sumona now as a master, and she gives good assignments. The assignments however make me realize that my current food technologies are a bit lacking. I stop my training at combat level 88, in order to fix this problem.

I have a load of salmon in the bank that I used to get to 70 cooking. It was my origional intention to turn these 3600+ salmon into admiral pies, which would have got me well above 80 cooking. Once I sat down and thought about how I had to acquire everything to make them (flour, potatos, tuna and pie shells), I realized that making that many pies wasn't within my patience threshold. I sold all but 1k, and bought everything I needed to make the pies. This was not as easy as it sounds: nobody sells pie shells on G.E. Those I had to buy from a shop.

If you want to make a lot of high end and labor intensive pies, the best way to do it is to use the Lunar Spellbook. First thing it does for you is make it easy to fill buckets with water (Humidify spell). This is only a minor benefit, which can't be beaten out by the Make Pie spell. It cooks the pie, without the need for a stove, and you don't burn any. This means you get all the xp you worked for.

The pies only get me to 76, so I sell the pies and buy monkfish. I decide that this will be the fastest way to train cooking. I am not wrong, despite the fact that I burn about 15%. It only takes me about a day to get to 80. I set off to Catherby to get me some sharks.

It was here and about that Runescape took off the kid gloves. The long awaited "Grandmaster Quest" was released. And if the requirements are any indication, it's no joke. My quest cape is banked indefinately.

As you can see above, I have a lot of work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment