Signature

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

New Goals

With my biggest goal met, it's time to come up with something else to do. While there are many things I'd like to acomplish, there is only one thing that really stands out: getting an Inferno Adze. For those who don't yet know, this is a combination woodcutting axe and pickaxe that is rumored to be better than even a dragon hatchet. To get one, you need several skill levels...the biggest being a 92 Firemaking.

I wanted a few Firemaking levels to begin with, so I could use Magic Pyre logs in the Shades of Mort'ton minigame. Of course, the easiest way to get Firemaking levels is to set things on fire. My current Firemaking level is 65, so I'm going to need to do a lot of burning.

I start out by cutting and selling Yew logs, and using the money to buy Maple logs. Maple logs give decent enough experience, and I can buy more than ten times the number of Yew logs I sell. I'll do this until it's no longer worth doing.

Another thing I'd like to get is an 80 Cooking. I still have all that salmon left, and my plan with that is to fish and cook tuna and use it all to make Admiral pies using the "Make Pie" Lunar spell (so I don't burn any). This probably won't get me the whole way, but it'll help.

I also set out to the All Fired Up minigame to get a Ring of Fire. Since I'm burning maple logs, I get 3718 xp per inventory (which is about 3 xp more than without, or 10% more).

The minigame isn't that difficult, but it's easier to just burn the logs with a tinderbox for experience. The trick is to fill all the beacons with the best logs you can use, then you head to the ogre spa and bathe in the salt water spring (for unlimited run for a time), and return to light the beacons after run is no longer a concern. It also helps to know where the beacons are, and take teleport runes with you for both bank runs and fast transporation to the next beacon.

Another thing I'd like to get done is to unlock the Air Guitar emote. I may just head to Bounty Hunter (and a couple other minigames) in order to unlock what I need (which is somewhere in the neighborhood of 5 songs).

No comments:

Post a Comment