Signature

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Chapter 4-Episode 3: Need...More...Magic!!!

My magic skill is really, really low, so I decide to get to work on that. And where do I usually start when I want to power train? Quests!

There are two things that stand out in my mind immediately. The first is Imp Catcher. While it's small potatoes in the XP department, I've already collected the beads from imps over the past few month so it will be quick. The other thing that jumps out at me is Troll Stronghold. Now that I have Protection from Melee, I should be able to take down that troll general without a free trip to Falador.

Imp Catcher is as easy as a trip to wizard's tower. Quest Complete: 1 Quest Point, 875 Magic.

Then it's off to Burthorpe. I quickly find out that I'm a bit more rusty than I thought as I was as I make two noob mistakes which results in my death. I got lost and went up the wrong path, right into that death zone just past the wounded soldier. After realizing my first mistake, I tried to turn on Protection from Missiles and turned on Protection from Magic instead. Ah well, time to fish.

150 raw lobsters later, I have my rune helm and battle axe back (my orange cape is a total loss unfortunately). And this time I go up the right way...and turn on protection from magic again. I quickly realize my mistake this time and fix it, but not before I waste two lobsters in the process. Unfortunately, the rest of my trip was a waste as well: the troll general outlasted my 43 Prayer points (33 by the time I got past the troll throwers). I need a Prayer Potion. Back to the GE.

The second trip goes better, since I get back to find that the troll I was beating on was still there and still injured. I annihilated him in short order, and didn't even need the potion. Quest Complete: 2 quest points, 2-10,000 XP lamps. I use them both on Magic and it jumps up to 45. Not as high as I hoped, but about where I expected.

Then Watchtower catches my eye. I know the quest and it's nothing I can't handle now.

Shopping List:

2 Ropes
Jangerberries
Dragon Bone
Bat Bone
Tinderbox
Pickaxe
Water-Filled Vial
400GP
Death Rune
Pestle and Mortar
Gold Bar
Guam Leaf

Lucky me again: I got most of this stuff. I do have to buy back a dragon bone that I just sold to get the Glory that I just lost (heavy sigh). But everything else I can get in Varrock or near where the quest takes place.

It's a long quest, but it allows me to pick up a few novelty items (rock cakes and nightshade). Quest Complete: 4 quest points, 15,200 Magic XP, 5,000 gp, Watchtower Teleport. I'm now up to 47 Magic, and very close to 48.

I'm tired now, so I'd say that gaining Protection from Melee, almost 7 Magic levels, and 107 total quest points makes this a productive day. Good stopping point.

No comments:

Post a Comment