Signature

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Chapter 4-Episode 5: I Guess This Is a Break...

Like many psychotic workaholics, I've decided to take a short "working-vacation" from my Legends training. I'm going to do a few quests...quests that I should have done a while ago.

My first plan is to complete the last of the Free Player quests: Pirate's Treasure. While it won't be a real windfall, I'm down to less than 1k gp, so at this point, any little bit will help. I will continue my vacation with Gertrude's Cat. This quest has been holding me back on several other quests I want to do, so it's time to get it out of the way. Next on the list will be Saving Evil Dave from the Recipe for Disaster quest. I will finally end this quest blitz with Garden of Tranquility. This quest will help open up a good portion of the Varrock Achievement Diary for me.

I know I need a white apron for Pirate's Treasure, so I stop by the fishing shop in Port Sarim before I depart for Karajima and grab the one hanging on the wall. I also plan to reclaim my Karajima Achievement Diary gloves. This quest is easy as they come, so I'll not waste time discussing my lack of trials and tribulations. Quest Complete: 2 Quest Points, 1-Eyed Hector's Treasure Chest, Pay-Fare Option at Port Sarim/Karajima. On a side note, 1-Eyed Hector must not have been a very good pirate.

Gertrude's Cat is equally uneventful, with the exception of the fact that they've made the boxes to search more obvious. Quest Complete: 1 Quest Point, 1,250 Cooking XP, A Kitten, Chocolate Cake, a Stew and the ability to raise cats.
Evil Dave was not overly difficult, with the exception that my kitten was lacking in skills and I had trouble finding enough red spice to make the stew. Quest Complete: 1 Quest Point, 7,000 Cooking XP, Hell cats, greater access to the chest. (56 Cooking).



Although it took a long time, I did get a Hell-Kitten. This is cool for me, because while I've had Hell-Cats before, I've never had a Hell-Kitten.

Garden of Tranquility requires me to have some seeds that I don't usually bother with: mainly onion and cabbage seeds. So I head over to rifle through the Master Farmer's pockets in Draynor. Luckily I need noob seeds so I get them within about 5 minutes.

This is a long, drawn-out, quest where I convince people to part with precious items through force of magical charms and steal statues for the Queen of Varrock...who does all this for her husband who doesn't know how to appreciate something. Quest Complete: 1 Quest Point, 5,000 Farming XP, 1 apple tree seed, 1 acorn, 4 guam leaf seeds, 1 Supercompost potion (38 Farming).

The supercompost potion will give me the first of my Supercompost, but the new ring is the real prize! This allows me many discounts across Runescape. While I may very well use the Guam Leaf seeds at some point, the rest don't have much in the way of value to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment