Signature

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Chapter 1-Episode 11: The Last of the Prerequesites

Now that I have all of the combat equipment I'll be using during Dragon Slayer, the only thing I have left to do is get access to the Champion's Guild. This requires 32 Quest Points, and as you may know, I'm well on my way. I sit down to knock the last two quests off my list: Prince Ali Rescue and Rune Mysteries.

These quests do not have any parallel paths. Not even once. This means that I pretty much have to do them separately, since trying to do both at once would take me out of my way on numerous occasions. I decide to do Rune Mysteries first. I know that I still need to gather some items for the other quest...most of which are in Varrock (which will be a stopping point for me twice), or can be gathered along the way. I head over to Sal's to check my shopping list.

I need:
7 balls of wool or 3 balls and a rope
2 onions
ashes
flour
water
redberries
a pink skirt
1 soft clay
1 bronze bar
3 beers
50+gp

I already have the wool and a rope, and everything else is either on the way to Varrock, or sold in a shop. The only thing I can't get along the way is an onion (and while I'm not yet sure, I think I may be able to get some from behind Farmer Fred's house, which I will investigate on my way to make the flour). I don't need anything for Rune Mysteries, so I get started.

I talk to the Duke, then get my purple box from the flaky wizard. I stop by Draynor Village and grab my pick, an empty pot, 2 buckets, and about 100 gp. Someone's burning logs behind the bank (as I had expected), so I grabbed a pile of ashes and banked it. I head over to the flour mill north of Lumby and make some flour. On my way to Varrock, I check out Farmer Fred's garden: sure enough, he's got onions! I grab two, use his sink to fill my two buckets, and head up to Varrock.

I drop off one bucket, the flour and the onions, and on my way to Arbury's rune shop, I buy a pink skirt from the clothing store, and 3 beers at the bar. I trade a purple box for a piece of paper and leave Varrock to the south. From there I head to the southeast mine and mine 1 copper and 1tin, stopping to grab some redberries from a bush to the north. I head to the southwest mine and mine a clay, which I mix with the bucket of water I still have.

I stop by the bank in Lumby Castle, smelting the bronze bar on the way, and bank everything but the scroll. I also double check what I have against my list to ensure that I've got everything. I then head to the wizard's tower and the quest is not only complete, I have everything I need to finish Prince Ali Rescue. Quest Complete: 1 Quest Point, access to Rune Essence mine, access to the Runecrafting skill (29 Quest Points)

I now head to Al Kharid, and talk to the necessary people to start the quest. I'm carrying everything I need with me, so all I have to do is walk to see the people in question. It takes two trips and I'm done. Quest Complete: 700 gp, 3 Quest Points (32 Quest Points).

I now meet the prerequesites for Dragon Slayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment