Signature

Monday, April 28, 2008

Chapter 1-Episode 8: Power-Questing

One of the main things I need to start Dragon Slayer is 32 Quest Points (note that I said to start...not to finish), so I make a resolution to do some "power questing". I plan to knock out 2 back to back quests in order to jack up my quest point total. The two Quests I have in mind are Earnest the Chicken and Romeo & Juliet. These are small reward quests that give large amounts of Quest Points...and best of all, they're relatively easy.

I'm currently at the Grand Exchange after buying a new woodcutting axe, so I start with Romeo & Juliet. This twisted little tale, in which you help Romeo find happiness and love, will net me a whooping 5 Quest Points. I already have the Cadava Berries (I grabbed some when I was making redberry pies), so all I really have to do is some running around through the streets of Varrock. Quest Complete: no reward other than 5 Quest Points (and a somewhat creepy feeling).

Earnest the Chicken is a little more complicated, so I'll be using Sal's Realm of Runescape to get me through the maze in the basement of Draynor Mannor (every legend gets a little help along the way). Other than that, this quest is a piece of cake. Quest Complete: 300 gp, and 4 Quest Points.

This gives me a grand total of 24 Quest Points. This was over so quickly, I decide to head to Falador to do Black Knight's Fortress. Black knights are higher level than I am, but I'm highly skilled at evasion (learned that playing a skiller). Before I can do this quest, I need a bronze helm and an iron chainbody. I buy the chain in Falador, but to get a bronze medium helm easily, I'll have to make it. Making it in Falador means doing Doric's quest first.

Doric's quest is a simple "gather a bunch of stuff and bring it to the guy" quest. I head to Rimmington to mine 6 clay, 4 copper ores and 2 iron ores. I mine an extra copper and a tin so I can smelt a bronze bar on my way to Doric's house north of Falador. While I'm there, I mine enough iron to get me to 21 Mining, so I can stop by the dwarven mines and buy a mithril pick. On my way back to Falador, I stop by the cabbage farm and pick a cabbage that I'm soon to need in Black Knight's Fortress.

First step, I stop by and see Sir Amik Varze and start Black Knight's Fortress and then make my way to Doric's house. I start his quest, and since I already have the materials I need, I complete it within seconds. Quest Complete: 1,300 Mining exp, 180 gp, 1 Quest Point (23 Mining, 25 Quest Points). I make the bronze helm I need for my disguise, and head to Ice Mountain and buy my mithril pickaxe. I continue the rest of the way north to the Black Knight's fortress, and one cabbage later I'm on my way back to Sir Amik. Quest Complete: 2,500 gp, 3 Quest Points (28 Quest Points). That makes a total of 13 Quest Points earned in about 2 hours.

Power Questing is all about time management and minimizing your steps. I started out to do 2 quests, and while I was in the neighborhood, I got 2 additional ones done as well. There are several quests that, if you already have all the materials you need and depending on your qualifications, you can get done in groups of 2, 3 or more.

No comments:

Post a Comment