Signature

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Chapter 1-Episode 2: The Riddle of Steel

Now having a 5 Defence, the lure of a shiny set of steel armor is just too much to resist. So I set out from the cows north of Lumbridge to the Grand Exchange in Varrock. My primary concern at the moment is cost, as I only have a couple hundred gp. The bad news is that it costs about 2.5k-2.8k gp. I decide to sell the cow hides, and I make enough money for the set, with almost 1k left over!

Emboldened by my new armor, I decide to take on the Stronghold of Security to get the boots, and a generous chunk of gp. At lower levels this is a risky undertaking, but I've done it before with skillers so I grab my food and make the trip. I, of course, forgot to set my security questions, so at the end of the first level, I have to log out to do that. I got hit a lot on level 2, so I banked the 5k I had so far, as well as my shiny new armor. While I took a few hits on the last level, I managed to make it to the end and get my boots and a total of 10k gp.

With my finances secure for the time being, I headed back to the Grand Exchange in Varrock to see about a decent amulet. Since there are no amulets of strength for sale, I get an amulet of power (+6 to Att, Str, and Def), which may be a better choice anyways. Combat kit complete!

And the Riddle of Steel has been solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment