Signature

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Chapter 1-Episode 1: A noob is born...

April 26, 2008/1:55 pm

Tutorial Island: Finished.
Starting equipment:
25 gp
bronze axe
tinderbox
small net
1 shrimp (cooked)
1 empty bucket
1 empty pot
1 loaf of bread

-----------------

Fresh off tutorial island, our hero Wrthlss has yet to meet or even interact with anyone. Spam floods the air above my head as I make my way to the top floor of Lumbridge Castle. I head to the bank to unload my basic survival kit, and plan my next move.

I glance at my current quest goals, and decide to knock a couple of easy quests off that list. I decide to do Cook's Assistant and Restless Ghost back to back.

Cook's Assistant/Sheep Shearer: A simple gather-some-items-and-bring-them-back quest. I need to find a pot of flour, a bucket of milk, and an egg so the Duke's cook can make a cake. While running up by the mill north of Lumby, I decide to stop in and talk to Farmer Fred and start the Sheep Shearer quest.

I get the egg, milk and flour, and start shearing sheep, when confusion about these sheep's gender spurs an epic battle between a ram and myself. While I defeat the ram with my bare hands (forgot to bring a weapon), I lose all but one of my HP. I manage to get 24 pieces of wool and head back to the cook. Quest Complete: 300 Cooking Exp (Cooking level: 4), but I lost my bucket and pot.

I head upstairs for a bit to spin the wool into balls, and head back to Fred. Quest Complete: 150 Crafting Exp (Crafting level: 3), 60 Gp.

I head back to the bank and drop off my cash, and grab my bronze sword and wooden shield. I make my way to the temple to start Restless Ghost. I've decided to try and fight the skeleton, so I stop to fish some shrimp on the way. I go back to cook them at the castle, since that stove has less chance of burning food (Fishing level: 4, Cooking level: 8, 11 out of 27 shrimp burnt). While I officially fought the skeleton, it left before either of us could die. I return the skull and Quest Complete: 1125 Prayer Exp (Prayer Level: 9), Amulet of Ghostspeak.

-----------------

Delrith (Demon Slayer Quest) is my primary goal, and before I tangle with him, I need some better protection. I decide to mine and smith a bit to get some bronze pieces (since I can't afford better). I decide on level 11 for bronze chain (which will give me a better weapon and a shield as well), so I need to smith 71 bars of bronze. Despite being crowded, the people are somewhat civil...if not indifferent.

Mining was really slow, so I decided to sell the emerald I just got and buy a steel pickaxe. I figure since I'm in Varrock, I'll smith the 27 bars I've acquired so far. I buy a hammer, I go though the Grand Exchange Tutorial, and after selling the gem and the items I smithed, I have a grand total of 1,056 gp. A rumor sends me back to Lumby to buy a new pick, after i come up empty handed at the Grand Exchange. The rumor about Bob turns out false, so I make the long trip to the dwarven mines to buy my pick.

Of course...I need a 5 Attack to wield it, so I decide to head to the cows in Lumby to get my combat stats up. I decide on the cows because they drop cowhides, and I'll need some for Crafting.

Gear: bronze scimitar, wooden shield, bronze medium helm, woodcutting axe, tinderbox.

The cows are crowded, so I head to the flour mill. This is better, since I can use the deposit boxes by the gnomecopters. Attack level 5 comes quickly, with consequential Firemaking 3, Cooking 9 and Prayer 10. I then return to finish my mining/smithing task and end up smithing 56 more bronze bars (Mining level: 16, Smithing Level: 11 and 288 gp). This puts the Knight's Sword quest well within reach.

I decide to upgrade to a steel weapon, and decide to deviate from the norm and buy a steel battle axe (instead of the commonplace scimitar) from Bob in Lumby before heading over to the cows to even my melee stats out. The axe turns out to be a worthy investment, as I do more damage now (a whole 2 points). I get my Strength and Defence both to 5, with incidental levels in Firemaking and Cooking.

And thus, a noob is born...

No comments:

Post a Comment