Signature

Monday, April 28, 2008

Chapter 1-Episode 6: Teach a Noob to Fish...

I head over to Rimmington to experiment with a fishing power-leveling technique. My thoughts in this experiment is that I can sell the fish (since my cooking is so much higher anyways) to buy bait to continue to fish. Some key factors to consider here are the distance to the fishing store in Port Sarim from the fishing holes behind the small temple to the west and the price fluctuations for the fish I'm selling vs. the cost of the bait. I had 24 fishing bait left, so I started there. Bear in mind that the first trip was not a full inventory (25 bait would give a full inventory). My goal is 20 fishing (trout).

1st trip: 0 gp left (purchased 25 bait)
2nd trip: 22 gp left (purchased 25 bait)
3rd trip: 36 gp left (purchased 25 bait)
4th trip: 149 gp (minus the 75 for bait = 49 gp)

The trip, itself, isn't extremely long, and you don't pass anything more dangerous than a giant rat. So effectively, you could easily support power-leveling doing this. This would only be time effective would be between Fishing level 10-20. Good for the lower level player who doesn't yet have much in the way of means.

I head back to Lumbridge to fish trout. I'm killing chickens to keep me in feathers. I'm also cooking on the Lumbridge cook's stove before I bank.

Goal: Fishing level 25
Cooked fish: 44
Burnt fish: 20
Cooking level: 30

I return to Port Sarim to buy some more bait (duh), then return to Lumbridge to fish pike.

Goal: Fishing level 30
Cooked fish: 74
Burnt fish: 18
Cooking level: 34

Pike fishing is slow, and I would have probably levelled faster had I continued to fish trout. But now I can fish salmon, which is a very good noob fish!

No comments:

Post a Comment