Signature

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Chapter 1-Episode 5: More Than Either of Us Can Chew

Wrthlss Noob is hungry, and vampire in garlic sauce is on the menu...

I don't think I've ever tried this so early, but my nephews have tried it about this level and failed horribly. I'm not them, as I've done the quest 3 times before and I know that food is the key. For good food, money is the key and the key I've got at the moment is nowhere big enough to fit that lock. Admittedly unwisely, I decide to make due with what I can get myself.

I've only got 6 herring, so that means more fishing. I'm at Draynor so I head a little south since the dark wizards that hang out there don't bother me anymore. While cooking my first load, I hit 20 Cooking, and decided meat pies, while they take longer, will be better (I have a LOT of meat). I need more pie dishes now, so back to Varrock and Barbarian Village...

After a bit of work, I now have a total of 52 pie dishes 30 pots and about 30 various water receptacles, so I've got a pretty good pie factory set up. I make two trips to the flour mill and eventually add 42 meat pies to my food collection (which included 38 sardines and 16 herring). A good noob-food stockpile.

Despite my misgivings I head to Draynor Village to start the quest (the vampire is 34th level, and I'm 17th). The quest sends me to Varrock to talk to a drunken vampire hunter, before heading back to face Count Draynor. Two battles rage on and he eventually dissapears because I can't hit him enough to "keep him interested". A mithril axe is in order. I make a jaunt to the cows again to get another 10 attack levels. I also end up with 20 Hit Points, Prayer level 15 and a Combat level of 21. A little higher than I wanted to see, but luckily this isn't the big game...

I sell my hides and buy a mithril battle axe, and then gear up and head back for round 2 with the Count. It goes almost as good as the first round did. Count Draynor is proving to be a rough customer, as his hit point regenerates faster than I can inflict damage. I step back and re-evaluate again.

My Defence is fine: The damage Count Draynor inflicts on me is quite managable. I need to hit harder to overpower his regeneration. Which means about 10 more Strength levels and since I'm saving up for full Adamant armor (I'm about 8k short right now), I head back to the cows. My max hit is 4 at 12 Strength. As a side note, I got my very first random while killing cows (box). As they say "the third time's the charm"...I just hope they're right this time.

They were just barely right. It was an epic battle which raged on for close to a half hour (with the Count losing interest once), but finally Count Draynor finally falls. Quest Complete: 4,825 Attack Exp (27 Attack and 27 Combat level).

No comments:

Post a Comment