Signature

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Chapter 1-Episode 3 Prologue

I was thinking about my current goals, and some things I remember that I've done and I'd like to do a little better. This brought about a bit of a modification in my goals.

On an older character that I had started, I was consistantly interrogated about how I was able to wear a rune platebody at my level (which was somewhere in the neighborhood of 52-54). People were stunned to learn that I had done this quest well before I could even wear a rune platebody (while I don't remember exactly, this would put my combat level between 45-50 at the time of the quest...which by most player's standards simply can't be done).

I decided to have a 40 Defence the next time around. I also decided to make the attempt at least once by combat level 40 (as in a combat level 40, with a 40 Defence). If I forgo training Magic and Ranged, this will allow me to train attack aproximately to 30 (adamant), and Strength to about 25 (depending on how many Hit Points I get along the way). While this is doable, I want to even the odds a bit more with Rings of Recoil (and I so love those things, I really do). While I initially do not want to train Prayer all the way to Protection from Melee (level 43), the above formula will give me enough leway to do so while keeping me well within the parameters of my goal.

To acomodate this, I've removed or altered many of my self imposed restrictions on membership. While before, the levels were based on member's activities, most of the skills that remain, do so now to help accomodate this new goal. Anything else is inconsequential to membership. Undoubtedly, this will also accellerate future goals (i.e. Heroes Quest, Legend's Quest, Dream Mentor), with which I don't have a problem.

To me, "impossible" is merely a high degree of difficulty.

No comments:

Post a Comment