Signature

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Chapter 1-Episode 13: The Plan

Before I pay up for members and do this quest, I need to lay down my strategy so I can be sure I have everything I need. This is as good a place as any to do that, I guess.

First things first: I have my combat kit prepared, so now I need to figure out what I'm going to take with me. Here's a list of "Must Have" items for this run.

Good food
Super Attack Potion
Super Strength Potion
Rings of Recoil
Teleport Tablet to Falador (or a Teletab)

I'm going to want to take at least 3 Rings of Recoil (while wearing a 4th), and one each of the potions and the Teletab. This leaves me room for 22 pieces of food. I want something very good, as I don't want to have to worry about eating two or more times in a row. So I'm going to plan on tuna and corn potatos for the food.

While I don't yet know how much this is going to cost, I already know that the quest itself will require about 12k. This gives me a 14k bankroll so far for equipment. Again, I don't know, but I'm thinking that this should be enough (or at least close).

As far as how I'm going to handle Elvarg herself, my plan is to allow her to hit me as much as she likes, while I suppliment the recoiled damage with a few red splotches of my own. My max hit is 5, so I have no illusions that this will be easy. Elvarg can hit up to 10, so I can never allow my Hit Points drop below that. I'm setting a range of between 11-15 Hit Points left before I eat. I must also carefully watch the chat window, so I know exactly when my Ring of Recoil is used up. Otherwise Elvarg will inflict unanswered damage, which I absolutely cannot afford. This is going to be an endurance contest. Which will last longer: my food or Elvarg's 120 Hit Points?

I'm somewhat embarassed to admit that my plan relies on a fair amount of luck. If Elvarg hits higher numbers on me, I definately won't last as long as I need to. And if I can't hit her, I may as well teleport out. My plan kinda depends on me doing at least some of the damage.

Under the category of "Every Little Bit Counts", I will also use my 18 Prayer Points to enhance my ability to hit. I won't be taking any Prayer Potions, so I'll only have access to that for a short time.

The exact plan of attack is to climb over the wall, and drink 1 dose each of the super attack and super strength potions. I will then charge Elvarg (if auto-retaliate hasn't already taken care of that), and once the melee ensues I will activate my prayer. While the melee continues, I will watch my Hit Points and keep an eye out for a message telling me my Ring of Recoil has shattered. Once my Hit Points drops below 15, I will eat. After eating, I'll check the skill tab on the game interface to determine if I need another potion, and immedately switch back. Once all of my food is gone and my Hit Points reach 15, I will use the Teletab (I am NOT taking chances with my rune armor).

I may modify this plan between now and Elvarg's death...but this is the basis of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment