Signature

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Chapter 2-Episode 9: Transportation Solved (Conclusion)

Now that I've got a little training done in Farming, I'm set to do Fairy Tale Part 1. This quest is annoying because you can't totally prepare for it beforehand. There will always be 3 random items you have to get...many of which aren't exactly easy to get ahold of.

Mine are a Mort Myre stem, a Mort Myre fungus, and a Nature Talisman. I have an extra fungus from doing the Nature Spirit quest, and I can probably by a Nature talisman on the GE. I just have to head back to Mort Myre (and I'm going there anyways) and get a stem. After getting my ingredients, I head up to the farming shop to buy my secateurs and while I'm there I buy the rest of my farming tools and give them to the leprecaun by the nearby farming patches. While I'm at the patches, I fill the compost hopper with weeds so I'll at least have something to work with when I start planting. On a funny side note: I got a farming level raking the weeds.

After I've gathered all the needed items, I get my secateurs enchanted and return to Zanaris to fight the Tanglefoot. It's level 111, I'm level 44. But I have an 18 farming, and it's rumored that the higher your farming is, the more damage you do. We'll see, I guess.

I'm a little suprised to notice that I'm the lowest level creature in this cave (the baby tanglefoots are level 45), but I head to the back of the cave with a combination of sharks and trout. I eat a trout if my Hit Points drop to about half, and a shark if they go below that. It works well, but the battle drags on for ages (my max hit with those secateurs is 3). I get the queen's secateurs and take them to the fairy godfather. Quest Complete: 3,500 Farming, 2,000 Attack, 1,000 Magic (24 Farming, 32 Attack, 30 Magic)

I head back to Draynor Village to start Fairy Tale 2. After I start the quest I have to wait a while so Martin can see how his garden grows. I use this time to knock out my first Slayer assignment of 46 Goblins.

Clue Scroll: Banked

Sure enough, by this time he's grown his crops and I'm off to Zanaris to see what's up. Of course the queen's gone and it's my job to find her. The fairy godfather sends me off to talk to another fairy about fairy rings. She explains how they work, and I can now use them!

I have no hope of finishing this quest right now, as I need 54 herblore levels, 25 farming levels, and 12 thieving levels. But the rest of the quest can wait until later. I have access to the fairy rings, and my travel times will now be drastically reduced.

No comments:

Post a Comment