Signature

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Chapter 2-Episode 12: Power training for Heroe's Quest

The life of a quest noob is somewhat boring on many occasions...expecially when you like to rush things like I do. I am pressing on towards Heroe's Quest, and I need some skill levels. I need 4 levels of Mining, 7 levels of Fishing and 8 levels of cooking.

I take on the mining first. I decide to take the shortest route there and mine gold, and since my Construction level isn't 50 yet (so no demon butler), I decide the best place to mine would be under the volcano in Karajima. There are only 4 rocks here, but their closeness to the bank makes them a very good second option.

Because of my level, the bats still harass me here. This proves to only be a minor inconvenience, and I only have to kill a few of them.

Gold mined: 474 (50 Mining)

I decided to fish lobsters to increase both my Fishing and Cooking skills. I need 610 cooked lobsters to get 53 Cooking, so seeing as how I'm very likely to burn a few, that should be more than enough for 53 Fishing.

Lobsters cooked: 569 (already had 106)
Lobsters burnt: 212
Total fished: 781
Levels: 53 Fishing, 52 Cooking

To make up some cooking experience, I do all the parts of Recipe for Disaster quest that I currently can. This includes the start, and saving the Goblin Generals and Pirate Pete. I doubt it will be enough, but I do want to get this quest started for many reasons. I gather my shopping list:

Eye of Newt*
Rotten Tomato (3)
Greenman's Ale (3)
2 Lemons (2)
2 Oranges (1 sliced) (2)
Pineapple (2)
Cocktail Glass (2)
Cocktail Shaker (2)
Ashes (4)
Charcoal*
Spice (or Gnome Spice) (2)
Water (3)
2 Bread (2)
Green, Blue or Purple Dye (4)
3 Bronze Wires (4)
Fishbowl*
Raw Cod*
Knife (1)
1 Fishing Bait (1)
Mortar and Pestle (1)
Needle (1)

(1) is stuff I already had in the bank.
(2) is stuff I acquired or acquired the materials to make at the Gnome Stronghold.
(3) is stuff I acquired in Yannelle
(4) is stuff I acquired or made in or on the way to Ardougne.

* I fished a raw cod myself at Catherby, and the Eye of Newt, charcoal and fishbowl I bought on the Grand Exchange.

I do the first part, and set out to save Pirate Pete and the Goblin Generals in a single trip. I talk to the cook about fishcakes, and then gather up my needed items and head off to goblin village via Burthorpe Games Room. Once I have the Slop of Compromise, I teleport to Castle Wars, and bank everything but my rune battle axe, 3 bronze wire, a needle and my fishbowl, and head to Port Kazzard.

(28 Farming, 39 Crafting)

This cuts me down to needing 2.5k experience for 53 Cooking. I return to Catherby and 1 load of Lobsters gets me 53 Cooking.

I don't need much for Merlin's Crystal (a loaf of bread) and I make that at Ardougne. The quest sends me to Falador and back, but it doesn't take me long to finish it. Quest Complete: 6 Quest Points, Excalabur.

I head over to Varrock and start Shield of Arrav. I decided to join the Phoenix gang (with the benefit of hindsight, this wasn't a good idea...which I'll explain later). I head through my whole half of the quest, turning in my shield half and getting 2 certificate halves (the same half). I then post on the "Find a Shield of Arrav Partner" sticky. It takes about 20-30 minutes, but I find a partner (Grim Veteran). It only takes a few minutes to finish the quest. Quest Complete: 1 Quest Point, 600 gp.

All obstacles have been removed...

No comments:

Post a Comment