Signature

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Chapter 3: Episode 5-Agility from 25-40

I need a bunch of Agility levels before I can do Legends. There are two places I could go at this point:

Gnome Stronghold: I could go and walk in a circle, over the same obstacles, time and time again. And go mad. I hate the Gnome Stronghold, and won't go back now that I don't have to. I'm just making it clear that it's an option at 25 Agility.

Skull Ball: A time-sensitive game where you kick a skull through goals on a course. Imagine if the Aadams Family mixed soccer and croquette. Best of all: the faster I complete the course, the better the reward! The only drawback? You gotta do a quest. Oh gee...turns out I need a few of those anyways!

The quest is Creature of Fenkenstrain. It's an incredibly easy quest that gives you a ring which (after another quest) at some point will have some good benefits. Right now, all it does is keep the werewolves at the agility course from wanting to have you over for dinner. I already have everything but the bronze wires in my bank, and since I have a little money, I save time by buying bronze bars and making them myself (it saves me a trip to Lumbridge or Al Kharid). If you have a dueling ring and an ectophial, this quest will take every bit of 30 minutes.

Quest Complete: 2 Quest Points, 1,000 Thieving experience, Ring of Charos (29 Thieving)

Then I head on to Skull Ball after I bank all my gear. I grab all the strange fruit I have in my bank in case I need run energy.

The trick to Skull Ball is knowing the course, and knowing how the skull reacts to kicks and hitting walls. Since the course never changes, you can use this knowledge to plan your kicks efficiently, thus taking less time. The trick is knowing what you want to do a couple of kicks in advance, so you can kick, and then run to about where the ball will stop.

Times through: About 30 (I may have missed a couple)

Best Time: 2:33

Now that I have 40 Agility, I'll train Agility at Brimhaven Agility Arena.

No comments:

Post a Comment