Signature

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Chapter 3: Episode 2-The Quest for Burgh De Rott

For some quests and training tools I want to use, I need a nice convenient bank on the other side of Mort Myre swamp. And that bank is in Burgh De Rott. While it's a run-down little village that doesn't have much to offer, it gives you 3 very important things:

#1) It gives you a bank near the Shades of Mort'ton quest/minigame.
#2) It gives you a bank near the Barrows minigame (not so important now, but very important in the future)
#3) It gives you access to the Burgh De Rott Ramble minigame (where you get Lumberjack clothes).

To get access to that bank, I have to knock out 2 quests: In Search of the Myreque and In Aid of the Myreque. Seeing as I need a lot more quest points (and I qualify for the quests), I set out to do them now.

I decide it would be best to gather the materials for both quests now:

Druid Pouch w/15+ uses (2)
Blessed Silver Sickle *
17 Planks (3)
261 Steel Nails (1)
Hammer *
1 Steel Longsword (1)
2 Steel Swords (1)
1 Steel Dagger (1)
1 Steel Mace (1)
1 Steel Warhammer (1)
About 50gp *
Spade *
5 Buckets *
Pick-axe *
10 Bronze axes (1)
4 Tinderboxes *
10 Snails (2)
1 Swamp Paste (1)
2 Steel bars (1)
1 Coal *
1 Mithril bar (4)
1 Silver bar *
1 cut Sapphire *
1 Cosmic rune *
1 Water rune *
1 Soft clay (1)
1 Rope (3)
Decent food *

* Denotes items I already had.

(1) Denotes items that I made myself.
(2) Denotes items I gathered in Mort Myre swamp.
(3) Denotes items I gathered through known respawns or very common monster drops.
(4) Dentoes items I bought off the Grand Exchange.

[Side Note: What I'm trying to get away from is buying items I need for quests and such out of my stockpiled cash (which isn't much right now). As you can see I only had to buy 1 item for these two quests.]

I gather the snails last, which puts me in Canifis, conveniently enough the place I need to start the first quest. I could have finished it in one trip, but I teleported out to get more food after using some of the quest items. I tried to use fairy rings to get back in, but I couldn't use it yet. Turns out that I didn't need the food. Oh well...live and learn. Quest Complete: 2 Quest Points, 600 Attack, Strength, Defence, Hit Points, and Crafting, shortcut to Mort'ton.

For the next quest, I can only bring some of the items, and have to return to the bank to get more before I get my new bank opened. Once it's finally done, I have a few fights to deal with (at least I have help in the way of Velaf), which are sound tougher than they actually are. When it comes time to take Ivan to the Temple, I only give him a blessed silver sickle and 15 salmon. It's barely enough. I grab the books and return to Velaf to complete the quest. Quest Complete: 2 Quest Points, 2,000 Attack, Defence, Strength and Crafting exp (42 Attack, 40 Crafting).

Now I have a bank close to 2 minigames, 1 of which I'll be wanting to play soon (Shades of Mort'ton)

No comments:

Post a Comment