Signature

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Chapter 3: Episode 3-Training Magic With Slayer

With my recent power fishing session, I ended up with far more food than I really needed. It might seem odd to hear someone say that, but for me it's true. Having a lot of food on hand only gives me an excuse not to train skills like Fishing and Cooking. I like to keep up on my skills, as more Hit Points always means the need for better food. What all this nonsense really means is that I sell off 500 of the cooked lobsters I have in the bank. This gives me enough to buy enough runes to cast about 800 Earth Blast (and eventually Fire Blast) spells.

The best way to train any combat skill is Slayer. So I start hitting up Vannaka for tasks. I'm not shooting for any particular Slayer level...I'm just looking to use up my chaos runes.

Assignment #1: 87 Shades/39 Magic, 43 Hit Points, 29 Slayer
Assignment #2: 40 Earth Warriors

The earth warriors were a bit of a concern, as the only place to find them is in the Wilderness. And that means Revenants. I did see a level 7 Revanant Imp, but it wasn't high enough level to cause me any problems.

I ran out of chaos runes with 27 earth warriors to go. I ended up close enough to 41 that 3 teleports got me there. At 41, I no longer need chaos runes as my most effective spell component; I now need death runes. This is how I was hoping it would work out, but in all honesty, there was no formula that I followed to get it this close. I just simply happened to have just enough money for just enough runes to get me where I wanted to go. Sheer, blind luck.

And every would-be hero needs a heaping share of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment