Signature

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Chapter 3: Episode 7-Crafting 40 to 45

Crafting can be a tricky skill to level, especially when you're forced to craft things that nobody buys. It can be expensive and time consuming, which is why I haven't really done a whole lot of power training in that skill. But now, with things the way they are, I need to train crafting for two reasons. The first, obviously, is for Legends. The second is the need for better range armor (Snakeskin).

I start off by crafting jewelry for enchanting. I still have 12 saphires, and 14 emeralds, and I plan to make them into saphire necklaces and emerald rings (I still have plenty of Rings of Recoil). Before I do any of that, though, I need gold bars. Luckily I have 454 gold ores in the bank, so I head to Port Phasymas to smelt them into bars. The furnace is directly across the street, and is by far the shortest trip between such locations in Runescape (Edgeville is close, but there's a door that you always have to open in between, which makes the process actually take longer. Besides, I can't use that without completing part of the Achievement Diary).

I use up my gems, and smith the rest of the bars into amulets, which gives me 43 Crafting. I decide to go and kill some cows and craft coifs until I reach 45, which I will then turn to crafting snakeskins.

Gathering the cowhides proves to be boring, so I craft the 126 I just gathered (44 crafting), and finish the level with tiaras. I simply keep a tiara mould in my inventory, and mine the silver in Al Kharid and smith the bars and make the tiaras on my way to the bank (I'd also like to note that I made over 18k gp just selling the unstrung amulets and finished coifs to a general store). It takes 77 tiaras to get me to 45 Crafting.

Now that I can work with snakeskins, I have a bit of work to do before I can get snakeskins easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment