Signature

Monday, May 19, 2008

Chapter 3: Episode 11-Herblore 30 to 36

I'm getting closer to Legends with every passing day, so I've decided it's time to buckle down and start reaching those requirements. Herblore is probably the farthest right now, so I decide to start there. I head over to the Sorceress' Garden to start picking herbs.

Depending on which garden I currently have access to, I may make a trip through to gather sq'irk juice first, if it looks like I may get enough to get in a better one. I need 15 levels to get into the next highest garden, but even though I don't think I'll get enough in one run, I need the thieving levels and it may very well be worth it to get inside.

Spring Garden:
First trip: 24 glasses of juice/32400 Thieving XP (42 Thieving)
Second trip: 12 glasses of juice/16200 Thieving XP (45 Thieving)

The next trips are for herbs, in the autumn garden. 2350

First trip: 1 glass of juice, 1 Ranarr, 2 Harralander, 6 Marrentill kept (17 herbs to sell)
Second trip: 1 glass of juice, 5 Marrentill, 3 Harralander, 3 Ranarr kept (13 herbs to sell)
Third trip: 1 glass of juice, 3 Ranarr, 6 Harralander, 5 Marrentill kept (12 herbs to sell)

I sell those extra herbs and use the money to buy 57 Harralander. This gives me 68 Harralander to make Energy Potions out of. This also means that I need to get ahold of 68 chocolate bars. I use the respawn in Zanaris, since the one in the Cooking Guild always has someone grabbing it. Collecting respawns is one of my least favorite activities. I manage to get them all made, as well as making the Marrentill into Anti-Poison. This gets me to 33 Herblore.

First trip: 3 glasses of juice (47 Thieving), 6 Tarromin, 1 Marrentill, 3 Harralander, 4 Ranarr kept (10 herbs to sell)
Second trip: 5 glasses of juice (48 Thieving), 3 Tarromin, 3 Marrentill, 5 Harralander, 1 Ranarr kept (10 herbs to sell)

I only need a few more potions to get to Agility Potions, so I buy 10 Harralander so I can get there. I also buy 4 Toadflax, which I will need soon enough (I also have 6 from a random event for a total of 10). I sell 45 of the energy potions, buy 45 vials of water, and bank the rest (this gives me about 15k towards my new rune battleaxe).

My current Thieving XP total shows that I'm 6 glasses from 50, which is what I need for Legends. I decide to split those up between my first 2 trips.

First trip: 3 glasses of juice (49 Thieving), 2 Ranarr kept (22 herbs to sell)
Second trip: 3 glasses of juice (50 Thieving), 3 Ranarr kept (21 herbs to sell)
Third trip: 1 Ranarr kept (27 herbs to sell)

I can't sell the Harralander and Marentill right away, so I save the Harralander and make Anti-Poison with the Marentill. The money I get from selling the herbs buys me 20 more Toadflax. I make the potions west of Falador, and it gets me to 35 Herblore.

I'm growing tired of the Sorceress' Garden for now, so I decide to make some iron bars to get the money for herbs (and my battleaxe: I ended up spending some of that money to get my character back the way he used to look after Recruitment Drive).

I need a little over 42k for the herbs alone, which is well over 200 bars. I would only need about 75 steel bars, however. I decide that steel would be better, and it will give me more Smithing XP as well (which I need). The bars give me more than enough, and I get 36 Herblore, and I also have just enough money to buy back my axe!

I think I've had enough Herblore for right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment