Signature

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Chapter 3: Episode 12-Deforestation in progress

My Woodcutting skill is seriously hurting (compared to the rest of my requirements, anyways), so I felt the need to work on it a bit. But before I do (yep, you guessed it), I'm going to get a bit of a jump start by nailing a few quests.

One that comes to mind immedately is the Saving Scratch Uglogwee part of Recipe for Disaster. While looking into that, I realize there's a second part of RFD that I qualify for: Saving the Dwarf. I'm currently in Lumbridge, so I grab everything I need from across the river and my bank and set out to do them at the same time.

Once I've got everything, I teleport to Castle Wars and go and see Rantz again. He gives me a bit of a run around, but I've got my Jubbly pretty quickly. I then teleport to Falador, get the recipe for "Asgoldenian Ale" and I walk up to the White Wolf Mountain shortcut. 4 beers later, I've got a rock cake. I'm wearing my ice gloves, so that saves me a trip to the other mountain. I just use the home teleport spell, use both items on their respective people, and Quest Complete X 2: 2 Quest Points, 2500 Cooking, 1000 Slayer, 1500 Woodcutting, Ranged, and Crafting XP (30 Slayer, 33 Ranged)

I then set off to the willow trees around the lake north of Lumbridge Castle, and I cut and burn willows. While I'm not keeping track of numbers, quite a few willow logs go up in flames. I manage to take my Woodcutting from 42 to 50 and my Firemaking from 35 to 49. I also got 2 more birds nests, with a banana tree seed (which conveniently enough, I can plant!).

I start looking towards Tears of Guthix, and see that I need a bullseye lantern. Since I'm only 2 crafting levels away from making those, I head over to Ardougne to steal some silver bars for crafting. I need 258 bars to get 49 crafting by making tiaras.

The silver stall takes too long to respawn, so I teleport to Falador and try my luck at the Crafting Guild. The silver is unoccupied and I set to the task of mining the silver. I get the silver mined, and smith the bars and make tiaras, which gets me almost to 49. I had some diamonds, which I cut to get me the rest of the way.

I can now do Tears of Guthix, and it's an extremely fast and simple quest. Quest Complete: 1 Quest Point, 1k Crafting, access to the Tears of Guthix cave.


I can now go in and get some free XP. This will go to my lowest skill, which right now is Summoning. While I have no idea exactly how much XP i got, I did get 35 tears. This gets me to 7 Summoning.

This leaves me with 7 more requirements to meet, most of which are only a couple of levels away.

No comments:

Post a Comment