Signature

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Chapter 3: Episode 1-Ecto Land

Prayer is a big concern, so I head to Port Phasmatys to do the Ghost's Ahoy quest. This will give me access to the greatest Prayer training facillity in Runescape: the Ectofuntus. The quest is somewhat easy, but you need a decent attack level to finish the quest.

The tea part is somewhat annoying, but if you've prepared before hand it's not much of a headache. If you haven't, but have access to the fairy rings, there's a ring to the south of her where you can get milk and make the tea.

The first thing I go after is the book. It's best to take 3 of each base color dyes (red, yellow, and blue), so you can get the model boat fixed in one trip. Here is where I had trouble when I first did this quest: the level 32 rock lobster. You need a decent attack level to hit it reliably. It's just like Count Draynor: if the battle goes on too long, the rock lobster will vanish and you'll have to start again. I tried to do this with a prayer/strength pure, and was totally unable to kill the lobster until I had 30 attack.

Next, I go for the robes. To get them, you need to get a petition signed by 10 ghosts. The trick to this is just checking around untill you've got 10 people to sign it for free.

Finally, I go for the translation book. I decide to train up fletching to 25 so I can make the bow myself (it's a low 6 levels). Absolutely the best place in Runescape to cut and drop oak bows is by the Champion's guild. There are 10+ oak trees there, and you don't often see a lot of traffic there (it's a good haul to the closest bank). Straying too far across the streets is something to watch out for, though (if you're Combat level 40 or lower), since the dark wizards hang out in that area too. I not only get 25 Woodcutting, I get 4 bird nests and two tree seeds (apple and curry).

I get my Ghostspeak amulet enchanted and finish the quest. Quest Complete: 2 Quest Points, 2400 Prayer exp, Ectophial (27 Prayer).

The ectophial is one of my favorite items in the game. It's a 1 click teleport like a teletab and it teleports you to the place you recharge it (making for infinite uses...as long as you remember to fill it up), and it's fairly close to a bank. The only downside is that it takes you pretty much out into the middle of nowhere...but in an emergency, anywhere else is better than where you are right now.

The ectophial, paired up with either Amulets of Glory or Rings of Dueling make worshiping the Ectofuntus dramatically faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment