Signature

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Chapter 2-Episode 11: Bat wing, snake skin, and other petty evils

(The title was taken from the movie "Excalabur")

I'm down to just a few skills that are below 25 (which is one of my goals for this round), and decide that herblore is next. Herblore is a super-handy skill that can make you a bit of money at higher levels, and is almost a necessity for successful and cost effective Barrows runs.

For the herbs, I'm gathering them from the Sorceress' garden. I'm only going to make the best potions I can, and I'll sell all the other herbs to suppliment my current needs. I'll be working out of the garden of spring.

This will just be a log as well, since I've already discussed in some detail the actual garden itself.

Start: 1 Grimy Avantoe, 1 Grimy Guam, 1 Limpwurt Root (6 Herblore)
Load #1: 5 Avantoe, 7 Guam, 3 Irit, 6 Harralander, 4 Tarromin (sold for 22,838 gp)
3 Marrentill kept/23 marrentill , 21 Tarromin, and 20 Limpwurt Root bought (15 Herblore)
Load #2: 6 Guam, 7 Marrentill, 3 Harralander, 5 Irit, 4 Avantoe (sold for 23,783 gp)
3 Tarromin kept/15 Tarromin and 18 Limpwurt Root bought (18 Herblore)
Load #3: (2 trips) 3 Harralander, 7 Avantoe, 13 Irit, 9 Guam, 12 Marrentill (sold for 34,642)
12 Tarromin kept/45 Limpwurt root, 33 Tarromin bought (22 Herblore)
59 Strength Potion (4) sold, 200 vials of water, 28 Harralander (24 Herblore)

I then spent 7k of my own money to buy 8 more Harralander to get to 25 Herblore.

Tips on Herblore:

Combine your potions. Lots of people don't bother to do this and sell these potions as (3) dose potions. 1k of 3 dose potions will condense into 750 4 dose potions. If you're buying large lots of water filled vials and selling 3 dose potions, you're wasting 25k gp per 1k potions.

Train combat and herblore at the same time. Chaos Druids in Taverly dungeon drop herbs very regularly, as do lots of other monsters. Use help sites to find out what drops what you're looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment