Signature

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Chapter 3: Episode 4-The Beauty Of Waterfalls

Waterfall Quest is one of the greatest early combat trainers in existence...unfortunately, it's a one shot deal. But if you can manage to do this quest very early on, the pay-off would be dramatic. If you could manage to finish this quest at Combat Level 3, you'd instantly be close to combat level 30 without having to have fought anything at all. While I've never done this quest at level 3, I did it at around Combat Level 13 and ended up combat level 35. Best of all, there are no requirements to start the quest.

This probably sounds too good to be true...and it's very close to being just that. Trust me when I tell you that I'm understating when I say that there are signifigant risks in doing this quest at a low combat level. During the course of the quest, you have to make your way past some high level monsters: the highlight being the moss giants you have to run past without any weapons or armor. This is not even taking into account the spiders that drain your prayer and those fire giants who you'll still be right-clicking to fight for some time to come. I cannot stress this enough: At lower levels, you can LITERALLY die at any instant, as several of these monsters I've mentioned may very well have max hits higher than your total hit points.

The above point is somewhat irrelevant to me. I'm not doing it at level 3. I'm doing it at level 53. But I'll need this quest for Legends, and I want to get the quests with combat experience done early on so I can better manage my combat level. I can only really gain 12 combat levels and still achieve my goal.

I grab a rope and start the quest. When it sends me to Tree Gnome Village, I realize that I'm going to have to walk through the maze manually, so I decide to do that quest when I get there. It's not very long or difficult, the materials are easy enough to get, and it will also widen up my transportation ability a bit more, too (spirit trees). By the way...I don't suggest doing Tree Gnome Village at an early level.

After killing the Kazard warlord, I started having combat level concerns. I decided not to turn in the orbs just yet, and wait until after I completed Legends before finishing the quest, unless it turns out to be an obstacle in the future (the quest gives a lot of Attack experience, which I don't necessarily need right now). I instead, continue on to finish the quest. Quest Complete: 13,750 Attack and Strength experience, 2 cut diamonds, 2 gold bars, 40 mithril seeds (44 Attack, 43 Strength, 55 Combat level).

I did get black flowers from the seeds, but seeing as how they're not really worth as much as they were, I decided to keep them.

No comments:

Post a Comment