Signature

Monday, May 5, 2008

Chapter 2-Episode 6: Who said crime doesn't pay?

I've taken a small diversion from my normal routine to head over to the H.A.M. hideout, and steal the clothes off their back. And I'm not exagerating.

I love stealing from Ham members. They do give up a variety of stuff that are very helpful at my level. Thread, feathers, knives, tinderboxes, cowhides, and the list goes on. Granted, there is a lot of junk to be had, but you can sell the steel pickaxes at the general store for a nice little sum (at my level of needs). But there are two items that stand apart from all the other junk...

The first one is Ham robes. Run around in a full set of Ham robes and someone will offer you money for it. On my first account, I had a nice little noob business collecting and selling full sets of Ham robes. They're probably not worth what they were anymore, though. Despite this, I know for a fact that I'm going to need 2 sets. I usually collect up to 5 sets, so I can help out other people who might want or need them (it does eleviate the aggrivation of having someone chasing you through Falador wailing "Oh, come on dude, 10k!").

The second, and probably my most favorite: clue scrolls. Annoying little slips of paper that send you trapsing across the entire world in search of treasure...all while wearing a combination of items that would make even the most nooby of noobs laugh. I've always had good luck with clue scrolls (way better luck than I've had in the few trips I've ever made to Barrows). It doesn't seem that my luck has changed, as I got a Guthix robe top from the first one I got a couple of days ago. So...I'm looking forward to this.

Clue scroll #1: 3 clues (36 black bolts, black dagger, 3 purple sweets, Gray Bob Shirt), Net Spent-1,242 gp, Estimated Value-27,020
Clue scroll #2: 3 clues (39 mind runes), Net Spent-420 gp, Estimated Value-439 gp

I manage to get 1 full set (with lots of left over bits), and a Thieving level 28.

No comments:

Post a Comment