Signature

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Chapter 3: Episode 6-A look at Underground Pass

Underground Pass is one of the "biggie" requirements for Legends (and numerous other quests). It's not a novice quest by any stretch of the imagination, and often takes hours or days for a player to finish. I want to knock this one off right away and have it behind me.

It requires 25 Range, and the ability to defeat 3 level 91 demons. It also requires the Biohazard quest. It is recomended to have a 50 Thieving and a 50 Agility. I'm going to try it with a 29 Thieving and a 40 Agility. The range is a problem, only because I hate training range. So I look in the Runescape Quest Rewards listing to see if I qualify for any quests that give decent range experience.

Shadow of the Storm is one that only has a single quest requirement that I haven't done yet. The problem is that in this case my eyes may very well be bigger than my stomach. The demon hits for a good amount and I don't have any protection prayers. My hope is to manage the damage with food alone, and beat the demon quickly.

But before I do that quest, I must do The Golem. It's a somewhat easy quest that requires a bit of running around and materials which are fairly easy to get (the hardest thing being the papyarus, which I had to go to Ardougne to buy). The longest bit of walking is from Varrock to the Digsite and from Shantay Pass to Uzer (it's about the same distance). It takes me only about 20 minutes. Quest Complete: 1 Quest Point, 1000 Crafting and Thieving experience (no levels). I also got 6 cut gems from the demon's throne.

Now it's time for Shadow of the Storm. Doing this will hopefully come very close to getting me the range level I need for Underground Pass. I need a black wizard hat, which means I need to go to Draynor. I'm totally sick, at this point, of walking to Draynor, so I head to the GE to see if I can sell anything to get me enough money to buy an Amulet of Glory. Not only will it give me more teleport locations, but it'll give me +8 to all my combat bonuses (which is a little better than my amulet of power), and I'll get more gems when mining. I sell all 6 of my diamonds, my 11 rubies (which I can't quite use just yet), and 20 gold ore and get plenty enough money to buy one.

I set off on the quest, as I already have almost everything I need to finish the quest already (I have to mine a silver ore to make a silver bar). It doesn't really take long to get to the fight I was dreading, and I head into it with sharks and a few lobsters.

Again, I way overestimated the danger I faced. Agrith-Naar doesn't really put up much in the way of a fight, and I whittle him down with my rune battleaxe and finish him off with Silverlight. Quest Complete: 10,000 Range experience (30 Range).

This gives me plenty of range for Underground Pass.

I can also wear a coif now, and I head off to finish that clue scroll I had banked. During the trail, I have to go from Burthorpe to Catherby. Since I don't yet have Teleport To Camelot, I decide to do the Fishing Contest quest really quickly (Quest Complete: 1 Quest Point, 2437 Fishing XP, Access to underground shortcut), and while I'm in McGrubbor's Woods, I grab a couple bunches of Dwellberries since I'm going to need some in Biohazard. I end up getting a coif, a black dagger, and 52 gp (value: 308 gp).

I should have dropped it, but at least I cleared out a quest.

No comments:

Post a Comment