Signature

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Chapter 2: Episode 1: "Oh, Oh, Oh It's Magic!"

Finally. I get to train what is probably my favorite combat style (a majority of people use melee, and if you know how to mage, you'll totally own). Before I do that though, I want to do Witch's Potion. The main reason I want to do it first is that I'll at least get a level or two out of it. Maybe it's just psychological, but it seems like it's more worth doing at level 1 Magic.

Before I leave Edgeville, I head over to the GE to pick up some wizard robes and to the staff shop to buy a couple of staffs (one of each of the elemental staves). The staves of will boost my Magic Attack by a good amount, which I'll want at early levels. After I run out of a certain type of runes, I can change staves to use a different type. I have 500 mind runes and a couple thousand elemental runes and the plan is to use up all of the minds.

Witches Potion is possibly the easiest quest in the whole game. If you already take the burnt meat, you can get everything else within walking distance. There are onions along the road to the north of Rimmington, there are rats in the house just west of the witches, and you can pickpocket any man or woman (if you're in members) and walk to the rune shop in Port Sarim and buy an eye of newt. This quest can be done within 5 minutes. Quest Complete: 325 Magic Exp (4 Magic).

I also decide to use my mage to gather what I need to complete some of my other skill related quests. I need four types of meat for Druidic Ritual and I need some wolf bones for Wolf Whistle. I grab some food, my games necklace and a teletab and head to Varrock to get what I need. I kill the rat and bear southeast of Varrock, then head a bit south and kill a chicken and a cow. Then I use a games necklace to head to Burthorpe to talk to two druids in Taverly and then head directly to the dungeon to the south. The suits of armor that usually guard the door aren't here, so I have no problem getting inside. I dip the meat inside and take them back to Sanfew, who sends me back to the quest giver. Quest Complete: 250 Herblore Exp (3 Herblore).

Now I head up on the edge of the mountain to get wolf bones for Wolf Whistle. I head back and do Wolf Whistle as well (it takes a total of about a minute). Quest Complete: 276 Summoning Exp, 275 Charms (4 Summoning).

Doing all of this has got me to Magic Level 11 (with a Combat Level of 43). I return to the mountain and continue to kill wolves for Magic exp. After I run out of food, I head over to Catherby to get more. It is here that I realize that I'm close to Seer's Village, and decide to do Elemental Workshop 1 (which if I remember correctly gives Magic exp). I need about 6 more Crafting levels, so I head up there to make bow strings (I usually stockpile those anyways).

After I get 20 Crafting I start Elemental Workshop 1...only to discover that I can't find any thread. After my 10th time searching the crates, I give up and teleport to Al Kharid to buy some. While I'm here, I stop off in the mine and use up the rest of my mind runes. 514 Mind Runes gets me to 26 Magic with the help of the Witch's Potion quest.

I use my last tab to Varrock, buy a Camelot tab and head back to finish the quest. Quest Complete: 5,000 Crafting and Smithing Exp (27 Crafting, 38 Smithing). No Magic experience though. But in the end, my goal of using up those minds was a complete success.

No comments:

Post a Comment